Glow in the Dark Bath

I'd like to wrap up the Cabin fever series today with one last indoor fun post. This is one that you get to do at night, so it's great to pull out when you feel like you want to salvage a rough day and end on a good note.  All you need is a pack or two of glow sticks. I don't know why it seemed glow sticks were so rare when I was growing up. The only time we saw them were at parades or fireworks shows it seems like. Perhaps they have found a huge new cache in the glow stick mines that now allows them to be sold at the dollar store, or bargain bins. Whatever the case, they are cheap, available and thrilling to kids of all ages. We have started letting our boys have a glow in the dark bath every once in a while now and they LOVE it. It's one of those things that makes me feel like a cool parent : )


I've seen on Pinterest that some people are cutting glow sticks and pouring them in the bath. I would never feel comfortable letting my kids swim in probably toxic water, let alone that they could swallow some! No, we just activate a bunch of glow sticks and throw them in the water, turn off the lights and let the boys pretend they are light-sabors or whatever.  It's hard to get a good picture, but it does light up the water and the room pretty well. 


To continue the coolness, don't turn on the lights when the bath is over, but do everything by flashlight or glow stick. Make a sheet tent and read a story by flashlight. Use glow-in-the-dark paint to make a tic-tac-tow set, and play glow-in-the-dark games. It's a novelty to just do things differently sometimes. I hope you'll give it a try, it makes for a terrific family fun night when you're all stuck inside.

That's it for my Cabin Fever posts. I may do a round-up of all the Cabin fever ideas next week, so you can have them all in one place.  I hope you are all surviving the winter months, spring is right around the corner, so hang in there!
Thanks for reading!
- Haley

Comments

Popular Posts