Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

When it's cold outside, like it has been here for the last three weeks (8º in the morning!), I always crave hot coffee and warm baked goods. This banana bread always hits the spot. Every time I've made it for someone else, they want the recipe, so I thought I'd share it here. I'm posting both the original recipe, which was given to me by a friend, and the way I actually make it, which is a little healthier. : )



Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Makes: 2 loaves 
Takes: 10 min to prep, about an hour to bake

1/2 C butter softened
2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
2 C flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 C mashed bananas
1 1/2 C chocolate chips

*My Tips*  -  I use margarine (I always use Imperial brand "great for baking")
                    -  I use 1 C sugar, 1 C Splenda
                    -  I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese
                    -  I am at high altitude, so I have to add 1/4 C flour.

Directions:
Mix butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in cream cheese and then add flour, baking powder, and baking soda all together. Mix in bananas then stir in 1 C chocolate chips. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Top each loaf with 1/4 C chocolate chips. Bake at 350º fro 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store in the fridge, or freeze for later. 


I love that this recipe makes two loaves because then you can freeze one for later or give one away. I hope you'll enjoy this bread. It's my absolute favorite.


Have a great weekend!
- Haley


Comments

Popular Posts