Zucchini-Oatmeal Cookies

It's amazing how far a zucchini stretches when you shred it up.  I have a salad shooter so it's a super quick and easy process. I will shred up the whole giant zucchini and use it as needed. It stores well in the fridge if covered tightly with plastic wrap or in tupperware.


Now I ask you, does this look like a cookie?



No way, it's totally a health food. Maybe they should be called Zoatcan cookies. : )



 I guess it's both. It tastes pretty great, and it's good to know there's healthy stuff in there. Plus it's a nice change from chocolate chip. Totally different texture and flavors. In a good way. No offense, Nestle Tollhouse, you are also loved.




Once you've baked up your little Zoatcan cookies you whip up the delicious cream cheese filling. Sometimes I try to use a little less sugar than it calls for. I'd say "sweeten to taste" : ) It's weird I don't really love these cookies by themselves or the frosting alone, but you put them together it's a whole 'nother story.


Put a big dollop on one and squish another on top.


I keep these guys in the freezer and just pull them out as we want them. It keeps the cookies from getting soggy.


Ready to make them? The recipe for these cookies comes from Martha Stewart Living. You can find the recipe here. 

Enjoy your Zoatcan cookies!
- Haley




Comments

Popular Posts