Paper Bag Turned Mini Basket

I thought I was done with Easter crafts, but then I needed a little something to brighten someone's day, and I was wishing I had an inexpensive basket to put it in. That is the tricky thing about liking to make gift baskets...you go through a lot of baskets. So this is my new easy, inexpensive basket solution.



I was kind of just making it up as I went, but I'm super happy with how easy it was and how well it turned out. Here is the quick run down. 


Cut your bag in half. Usually there's a fold across the bag, I just cut it there.


Then put the top of the bag inside the bottom.


I traced the side of a bag on a piece of scrapbook paper and added an extra half inch to the top so I could fold it over the bag and hot glue it to the inside. 



I did the same thing on all four sides. Then glued the sides and bottoms down. 



Then it looked like this. 



Whenever I make a gift basket I like to make my own filler for the bottom. I usually just shred a few paper bags and then crumple them up until they are really...scrunchie, for lack of a better term.


Like so:


Then I had a cute little basket just ready to be filled up with goodies.


I think I'll be making a lot of these in the future now that I know how easy it is.


Thanks for reading!
- Haley

Comments

  1. Such a fun and cute sack! We hope you'll be back to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is great. Please consider sharing it at Look What I Did. What a wonderful way to reuse bags and save money! -Savannah http://hammocktracks.com/buttons/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious! That is an awesome way to make a basket. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review

Popular Posts