Cloud Dough

For a while when Thing One was my one and only Thing, I would come up with a cool new craft or activity for him to do at least once a week. New things seem few and far between these days, as we try to just keep pace with everything we've got going on. However, last week one morning he asked me what we were going to do next, and I decided to try an activity I saw on Pinterest linked from here. It's called cloud dough, and it is quick and easy to make, and pretty entertaining for kids. Just mix 1 cup of baby oil with 8 cups of flour.  


I didn't want to use up all my flour, so I actually used 6 cups of flour and 3/4 cup of baby oil. It was still enough to play with. First I got out some of Thing One's sand toys and he enjoyed raking and shoveling and molding. 


Then he discovered that if you pat it all nice and flat it becomes kind of like play-doh, so I got out some of his play-doh stamps and texture wheels too. Mostly I think he just loves the feel of it.


It provided us with a lot of entertainment for a Tuesday morning. As a bonus it smells nice : )


I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Thanks for reading. 
-Haley

Comments

Popular Posts